Global

Tokyo, Japan seen through a Swede’s glasses. Differences, similarities & about being a big, big girl in a big, big world.

Friday, September 16, 2005

QUE


It is mid September. A couple of weeks ago I realized that I was the only women in the crowded Yamanote line that wore a tank top and sandals. Everyone around me - without any exception - had long-sleeved clothes and proper walking shoes that covered the feet (as opposed to sandals or flip flop!)
This has been the case every day lately when I commute back and forth to the office. I started to almost feel naked during my trips, being the only lady still wearing summer clothes. But I simply couldn’t force my self to put on a lot of covering clothes, thinking of that the degrees was still around 30 Celsius already in the mornings! Yesterday it was 34 degrees and I almost fainted of the heat. Nevertheless all women as saw around me was dressed “properly”, some even wearing high leather booths. WHY???

The autumn starts 1st September! It’s simple as that :)

Today the temperature was only 22 C at 05.30, when I got up. So I put on my walking shoes and wear a blouse over my tank top!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home