Global

Tokyo, Japan seen through a Swede’s glasses. Differences, similarities & about being a big, big girl in a big, big world.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Remarkable appearance(s)

Is there any other place in the world where women are so well dressed as in Tokyo? A majority of the female around are extremely well dressed and have perfect make-up, manicures, coiffures and are wearing exclusive brand’s hand bag. Not to mention their shoes, which in general are remarkably fancy and trendy (and high-heeled). In other words; the overall appearance is just amazing! I bet these beauties spend a whole lot of money and time to manage to look and dress so well. Being a western women in Japan can be quite challenging. Not only are you always the biggest but your style is most probably (especially coming from Sweden) coloured by a wish to dress in a way that is very comfortable and well functioning. Only at rare occasions you dress up in a way that is used as “everyday dress code” here. The special occasions in Sweden would be for Christmas, weddings and some other very special occasions.

Let me tell you a quickie about someone close to me. She has been in Japan for roughly 10 months. My good friend was brought up in Sweden during the 70’s. That was when the mainstream of the teenager’s ideals was to be natural, the “Love, Peace & Understanding”-era. We are talking about 'earth' shoes and natural material. After arriving to Tokyo my good friend began to feel extremely big and old-fashioned after a while. Some bad days she felt as if she had some kind of kinship to ogress's.

So by now almost every morning, she tries to build up her confidence and spends long time to fix the hair, apply some make up and tries different kind of clothes (over and over again). Finally she feels at ease with the result and gets out, ready to conquer the world. However, during her way, she becomes weaker (and here I must tell you that she lives in the most fashionable area, with all the famous fashion houses around the corner) so by the time she arrives to the office she has transformed back to the big, old fashioned troll again.

But hey, no ache in her feet’s due to high heeled shoes and her comfortable clothes will make her feel convenient the rest of the day. And anyway, there is nothing but sour grapes in the tree!

11 Comments:

  • At October 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At October 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Susanne,
    did you notice how during lunch break all female colleagues spend at least 15 minutes on their makeup in the bathroom? and all the little make up bags lining up below the mirrors? That was always the moment when I felt like a troll - walking out of the toilet, washing hands and merely applying a little lipstick, to at least not feel like I was totally ignorant.
    Cheers
    G

     
  • At November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susanne,
    I was researching peer to peer file sharing related stuff when I found your blog. While Remarkable appearance(s) wasn't exactly what I was after, it made interesting reading so I'll be sure to pop by again. I'm off to find out more information about peer to peer file sharing. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At November 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susanne,
    I was researching file sharing related stuff when I found your blog. While Remarkable appearance(s) wasn't exactly what I was after, it made interesting reading so I'll be sure to pop by again. I'm off to find out more information about file sharing. Keep up the good work.

     
  • At November 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susanne,
    I was looking for information about file sharing when I came accross your blog. Remarkable appearance(s) doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

     
  • At December 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Susanne,
    I was looking for information about peer to peer file sharing when I came across your blog. Remarkable appearance(s) doesn't really cover what I was after but it sure looks like it'll be useful. I'm off to find more resources on peer to peer file sharing. Good luck and keep it up.

     
  • At December 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susanne,
    I have been researching p2p file sharing resources and I stumbled upon your blog. Although Remarkable appearance(s) isn't what I was really after, it made a change from the usual run-of-the-mill blogs I normally seem to find. I'm going now to find more information on p2p file sharing. Take care.

     
  • At December 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susanne,
    I have been researching peer to peer file sharing resources and I stumbled upon your blog. Although Remarkable appearance(s) isn't what I was really after, it made a change from the usual run-of-the-mill blogs I normally seem to find. I'm going now to find more information on peer to peer file sharing. Take care.

     
  • At December 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Susanne,
    I have been researching p2p file sharing resources and I stumbled upon your blog. Although Remarkable appearance(s) isn't what I was really after, it made a change from the usual run-of-the-mill blogs I normally seem to find. I'm going now to find more information on p2p file sharing. Take care.

     
  • At December 04, 2010, Anonymous ass fuck stories said…

    Reaching the bakery store he found himself at sea. We all might have turned out quite well, as a family, if I hadnt goneand made one, unforgivable mistake.
    femdom incest stories
    underage teen sex stories
    very young preteen incest sex stories
    sexy pregnant stories
    free gay spanking stories
    Reaching the bakery store he found himself at sea. We all might have turned out quite well, as a family, if I hadnt goneand made one, unforgivable mistake.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home